- Written on Thursday, 29 May 2014 11:45
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The BecA-ILRI Hub seeks to strengthen the capacity of the African scientific community, to conduct bioscience research and significantly contribute to improved agriculture. As part of its capacity building programme, the BecA-ILRI Hub in collaboration with SLU will hold a training workshop on Advanced Bioinformatics from 18th–29th August 2014. The workshop aims at strengthening the capacity of NARS researchers in bioinformatics, computational biology as well as in computational research methods.
The workshop will accommodate 25 carefully selected participants, based on evidence of productive research and relevance of training to their current research. Selected participants will attend an intensive two-week workshop at the BecA-ILRI Hub in Nairobi, Kenya. The training program will include comprehensive lectures and hands-on training sessions in Linux, Perl programming, Genomics and next generation sequencing technologies, Genome assembly, metagenome and metagenomic analysis tools and their applications in biological research. A team of experienced facilitators from the SLU and BecA-ILRI Hub will conduct the training.
Who can apply?
BecA-ILRI Hub invites applications from eastern and central Africa;
- Nationals of the BecA countries: Burundi, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Congo Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Kenya, Madagascar, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
- Affiliation with a national research program or university
- Graduate students and early career researchers currently engaged in biosciences research within a national research institute or university.
- University degree in biological sciences
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Further details about the training workshop are available in the training concept note below.
Application process and deadline
- Applications must be done online. The online application form is available at this link: http://hpc.ilri.cgiar.org/beca/training/AdvancedBFX2014/index.html
- Applications must be received by 30th June 2014. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Successful applicants will be notified by 10 July 2014
For more information about the BecA-ILRI Hub visit http://hub.africabiosciences.org/
You can also browse the workshop website for further information:http://hpc.ilri.cgiar.org/beca/training/AdvancedBFX2014_2/index.html
Recent News View all News
- Thursday 16th March 2017
- Thursday 9th March 2017
- Friday 3rd March 2017
- Thursday 23rd February 2017