- Written on Thursday, 11 September 2014 12:37
10th-14th November 2014, ILRI Campus, Nairobi, Kenya
Call for applications
The BecA-ILRI Hub hereby invites applications for a workshop on scientific research paper writing to be held from 10th to 14th November 2014. The workshop is one of BecA-ILRI Hub’s annual training workshops under the capacity building portfolio, whose objective is to strengthen the capacity of African NARS to effectively, efficiently and sustainably deliver on their national mandates. The training will be conducted at the ILRI Campus, Nairobi, Kenya.
Eligibility / Applicant requirements
The workshop is generally open to PhD students and early career agricultural researchers with a strong interest in improving their writing skills. More specific applicant requirements include the following:
• African scientist with PhD or MSc in any agricultural discipline
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Currently conducting agricultural biosciences research with an African national agricultural research program or university in one of the BecA countries: Burundi, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Kenya, Madagascar, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda.
• A project report for conversion to a paper, and/or the figures and tables and any other illustrative material that have been generated from data analysis
• Women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Interested eligible scientists / researchers should apply by completing the online application form; http://hpc.ilri.cgiar.org/beca/training/Writeshop2014/index.html
In addition, the applicant must attach a supporting letter from his/her supervisor or Head of Institution.
Key dates / Application deadline
• Call for applications release: 11th September 2014
• Application deadline: 5th October 2014
• Information to successful applicants: 10th October 2014
• Information to unsuccessful applicants: 11th October 2014
• Training dates: 10th – 14th November 2014
Applications submitted after the 5th October 2014 deadline and incomplete applications will not be considered.
There are several fully funded places for this workshop. However, applicants who can fund their participation have an added advantage. The cost of the workshop is $1500, excluding flights and accommodation
Inquiries about the workshop and / or the BecA-ILRI Hub Capacity Building Program should be directed to Dr. Wellington Ekaya, Senior Scientist Capacity Building (w.ekaya "at" cgiar.org) or Ms. Valerian Aloo, Capacity Building Program Officer (v.aloo "at" cgiar.org).
For comprehensive information about the BecA-ILRI Hub visit http://hub.africabiosciences.org/
Below is the concept note and information flyer for the workshop.
Recent News View all News
- Monday 24th October 2016
- Wednesday 19th October 2016
- Wednesday 12th October 2016
- Wednesday 12th October 2016