- Written on Wednesday, 10 June 2015 21:10
We apologise that due to the thorough review conducted by internal and external panelists, the Africa Biosciences Challenge Fund (ABCF) selection of successful candidates has taken longer than initially planned.
The exercise is however complete and successful applicants have been contacted. ALL contacted candidates have responded and are at various stages of finalizing their proposals. If you have not received any notification on the same then consider your application not successful.
Below is a summary of statistics on the 2015 ABCF applications and selected projects:
- Total applications / proposals received: 278
- Total projects selected: 34
- Categorization of selected projects into BecA-ILRI Hub research themes:
Livestock Improvement: 13
Crop Improvement: 11
Food safety and nutrition: 5
Climate change: 3
Under-utilized species: 2
Out of the 34 projects, 7 projects have received co-funding from home institutions.
- Should any applicant whose project has been selected drop out for any reason, the selection committee will identify another project on the reserve list within the same thematic area of research.
- Due to the large number of applications, we are not able to give applicants individual feedback on comments made on a proposal. Kindly accept our apologies.
The BecA-ILRI Hub sincerely appreciates your interest in the Africa Biosciences Challenge Fund.
Recent News View all News
- Thursday 16th March 2017
- Thursday 9th March 2017
- Friday 3rd March 2017
- Thursday 23rd February 2017