- Written on Thursday, 27 August 2015 13:38
The BecA-ILRI Hub hereby invites applications for a workshop on scientific research paper writing to be held from 26-30 October 2015. The workshop is one of BecA-ILRI Hub’s annual training workshops under the capacity building portfolio, whose objective is to strengthen the capacity of African NARS to effectively, efficiently and sustainably deliver on their national mandates. The training will be conducted at the ILRI Campus, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Eligibility / Applicant requirements
The workshop is generally open to PhD students and early career agricultural researchers with a strong interest in improving their writing skills. More specific applicant requirements include the following:
• African scientist with PhD or MSc in any agricultural discipline
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Currently conducting agricultural bio sciences research with an African national agricultural research program or university in one of the BecA countries: Burundi, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Kenya, Madagascar, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda.
• Must have a project report for conversion to a paper, and/or analyzed research data through figures and tables Women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Interested eligible scientists / researchers should apply by completing the online application form; http://hpc.ilri.cgiar.org/beca/training/Applications/Writeshop2015/
In addition, the applicant must attach a supporting letter from his/her supervisor or Head of Institution.
Key dates / Application deadline
• Call for applications release: 27 August 2015
• Application deadline: 18 September 2015
• Information to successful applicants: 24 September 2015- Applications submitted after the 18 September 2015 deadline and incomplete applications will not be considered.
There are several fully funded places for this workshop. However, applicants who can fund their participation have an added advantage. The cost of the workshop is $1500, excluding flights and accommodation
Inquiries about the workshop and / or the BecA-ILRI Hub Capacity Building Program should be directed to Dr. Wellington Ekaya, Senior Scientist Capacity Building (w.ekaya "at" cgiar.org) or Ms. Valerian Aloo, Capacity Building Program Officer (v.aloo "at" cgiar.org).
For comprehensive information about the BecA-ILRI Hub visit http://hub.africabiosciences.org/
Attached is the concept note and information flyer for the workshop.
Recent News View all News
- Tuesday 14th June 2016
- Wednesday 8th June 2016
- Wednesday 11th May 2016
- Wednesday 8th June 2016