- Written on Thursday, 22 September 2016 10:03
The Biosciences eastern and central Africa-International Livestock Research Institute (BecA-ILRI) Hub invites applications for participation in a workshop on scientific research paper writing. The training will be held from 13-18November 2016 at the ILRI Campus in Nairobi, Kenya. This workshop is one of the BecA-ILRI Hub’s annual training workshops under the capacity building portfolio, whose objective is to strengthen the capacity African national agricultural research systems (NARS) to drive innovation.
Eligibility / Applicants requirements
The workshop is open to NARS researchers with a keen interest in improving their writing skills. More specific applicant requirements include the following:
- Currently conducting agricultural biosciences research with an African NARS in one of the BecA countries: Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Kenya, Madagascar, Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville), Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda.
- Preference will be given to BecA capacity building program /ABCF alumni.
- Must have a project report for conversion to a paper, and / or analyzed research data through figures and tables.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested eligible scientists / researchers should apply by completing the online application form; http://hpc.ilri.cgiar.org/beca/training/Applications/Writeshop2016/. In addition, the applicant must attach a supporting letter from his/her Head of Institution.
Key dates / Application deadline
- Call for applications release: 14 September 2016
- Application deadline: 10 October 2016
- Information to successful applicants: 13 October 2016
- Applications submitted after the 10 October 2016 deadline and incomplete applications will not be considered
- Training dates: 13-18 November 2016.
There are several fully funded places for this workshop. However, applicants who can fully or partially fund their participation (at least 50%) have an added advantage. The cost of workshop is approximately $1600, excluding flights and accommodation.
For comprehensive information about the BecA-ILRI Hub visit: http://hub.africabiosciences.org/
For a full prospectus on the BecA-ILRI Hub capacity building program visit: http://hub.africabiosciences.org/media-center/publications?download=33:abcf-prospectus&start=20
Download workshop concept note: HERE
We thank our sponsors for making this workshop possible:
Recent News View all News
- Thursday 20th April 2017
- Thursday 6th April 2017
- Friday 31st March 2017
- Thursday 16th March 2017